Thursday, May 19, 2011

Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk

Isn't that how the saying goes? Well, I have to admit I have cried over spilled milk and the many other forms of mass messes that my sweet, little Brendon can create. The messes themselves are trivial in the grand scheme of things, but when you have just delivered a baby and find yourself now at home with 3 little ones it seems like the world will end if another mess is made. My darling Brendon is the master at getting into things and it all came to a high point right after Landon was born. I would sit down to nurse Landon and just pray that he wouldn't get into anything. My prayers weren't always answered. I thought I would share some of the pics that I took of the mischievousness. (and these are only a few from the collection I have.) Salt and pepper spilled in the cabinet and all over the counter below. I cleaned the mess and refilled the containers only to have him get into them again that very same day, making the very same mess.
Some of my toiletries out and dumped all over the floor. He came to me while I was feeding Landon and I could see he was all wet from something. I discovered this in my bathroom shortly thereafter.

During this time, he discovered how to open the fridge by himself. It allowed for this mess to be created...chocolate syrup with a little finger painting on the side.


I found him making a creation in a cup from the spices in the cupboard. Three different spices were dumped in the cup as well as what was left in the vanilla bottle.


He would also go out the front door and go walking down the street. One time they were out playing in the backyard and Kaden came running in to tell me Brendon was stuck. I went out to find him on top of the city garbage can screaming his head off. He did it another time and our neighbor's landscaper was holding his hand from over the fence to help calm him down while Kaden came inside to find me. Needless to say I was afraid of the messes, but I also feared for his life (or limbs)

Some of you might wonder why I take a picture of it. At the time of the incidences I would be so upset (remember I was sleep-deprived and still very hormonal from delivery). Each mess would cause tears and create feelings of doubt that I was suitable mother and all the other horrible things Satan puts into our minds. I started to take picture so one day I could look back and laugh and remember how crazy the first few weeks are when bringing home a newborn.

Landon isn't that old, but already things have simmered down AND I can smile at the memories.



3 comments:

Jessica said...

aren't boys so fun!?!

Alicia said...

The thing that is so crazy about it is he will do that and just look at me and smile and give me a kiss and say love you mom so you can't be mad at the cutest face ever.

Sarah said...

Maybe he'll grow-up to be a chef. It seems he likes to "create". Or maybe he'll be an artist:)