Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The little seed

Kaden planted a seed in Primary 2 Sundays ago. I gave it a little water, but didn't expect much from it. You see, I have what I call a black thumb. Any plant that is brought under my care lives a very, very short life. When we first moved into our house my mom gave me this big. potted plant to grow. After about a week it didn't look so good. I called my mom and got some pointers. It continued to deteriorate. My mom took the plant back and nourished it back to life. It was alive and well. My mom gave it back to me in hopes that the second go around it would survive. Nope. I don't know what I was doing wrong. I gave it back to my mom and I believe it is still alive and well today. So anyway...where was I...Oh so I gave this seed a little water, put it in the sun. Kaden had forgot about it until a couple days ago when he found it on the ledge and took it down and dropped the dirt all over the floor. Well, for sure it was a goner by then...but NO, this plant wants to live. After a couple of days it had grown a ton and Kaden was so excited. We had a chat about plants needing water and sun to grow healthy and strong. The picture is of him checking its progress yesterday.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Maybe your black thumb is turning green:) What a fun thing for Kaden to do and learn from!